This Policy describes how Huawei processes your personal data, but may not address all possible data processing scenarios. Huawei may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before the collection.
This Policy describes:
· 1. How we Collect & Use Your Personal Data
· 2. Cookies & Similar Technologies
· 3. How We Disclose Personal Data
· 4. How to Access & Control your personal Data
· 5. How We Protect Your Personal Data
· 6. How We Process Children’s Personal Data
· 7. Third-Party providers and Their Services
· 8. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
· 9. Updates to This Policy
· 10. How to Contact Us
1. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
Personal data means any information which alone or jointly with other information can be used to identify a natural person. Such data is provided to us directly by you when you use our websites, products, or services, or interact with us, such as when you create a Huawei account or contact us for support. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving usage data from software running on your device. As permitted by law, we may also obtain data from public and commercial third-party sources. For example, we may purchase statistical data from other companies to support our services. The personal data we collect may include name, postal and email addresses, phone number, and login information (account and password), depending on the website you visit or the product and service you use.
· a. Fulfilling your orders; delivering, activating or verifying products or services; fulfilling your requests for changes; and providing technical support.
· b. Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about the products and services that may interest you; inviting you to participate in Huawei promotional activities and market surveys; or sending you marketing information. If you don’t want to receive such kind of information, you can opt out of receiving such information at any time.
· c. Sending you with important notices, such as the updates and installation of operating systems or applications.
· d. Providing you with customized user experience and content; and activating after-sales services;
· e. Improving our products and services through internal audit, data analysis, and research.
· f. Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market shares.
· g. Troubleshooting when you choose to send us error reports.
· h. Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you upload or download and the data needed for the uploading and downloading.
· i. Improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
· J. Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
Huawei may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify and particular individual. For example, Huawei will collect statistical data, such as the numbers of visitors to its website. We collect such data to understand how users use our websites, products and services so that we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. Huawei may collect, use process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion.
We will endeavor to isolate your personal data from non-POO and ensure separate usage of the two types of data. If Personal data is combined with non-PII, it will still be treated as personal data during processing.
2. Cookies & Similar Technologies
2.2 web Beacons and pixel Tags
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our websites, such as web beacons and pixel tags. For example, when you receive an email from Huawei, it may contain a click-through URL which links to a Huawei web page. If you click the link, Huawei will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer services. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image embedded on a website or in an email. We use pixel tags in emails to find out whether an email is opened. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list of Huawei at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
3. How We Disclose Personal Data
Huawei shares your personal data with other partners as described in this Policy when services are provided by partners authorized by Huawei. For example, when you make an online purchase from Huawei, Huawei must share your personal data with the logistics provider to arrange shipment or a partner to provide services. In addition, as a global company, we may share personal data among Huawei affiliates and subsidiaries.
To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, Huawei may also disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies. If Huawei is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or bankruptcy and liquidation lawsuits in some jurisdictions, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with transaction. Huawei may also disclose your data when appropriate, such as for the execution of Terms and conditions and when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical hard or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to Huawei are correct. Huawei is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection. We will retain your personal data only as needed for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless otherwise required by law or necessity. Huawei is committed to protecting your personal data, but please note that no security measure is perfect.
6. How We Process Children’s Personal Data
Our websites, products and services are primarily intended for adults. AAA child must not create a Huawei account without the consent of a parent or guardian. If a child’s personal data is collected with prior parental consent, we will only use or disclose the data as permitted by law, with the explicit consent of the child’s parents or guardians, or when necessary for the protection of the child. If we accidentally collect a child’s personal data without verified prior consent from the child’s parents, we will try to delete the data as soon as possible.
7. Third-Party Providers and Their Services
To ensure a positive user experience, you may receive contacts or web links from third parties other than Huawei and its partners (“Third Parties”). Huawei does not have the right to control such third parties, but you can choose whether to use the links, view the contents and/or access the products or services provided by third parties.
Huawei cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties, who are not subjected to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
8. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
As a global company, your personal data collected by Huawei may be processed in or accessed from the country/region where your products and services are used or in other countries/regions where Huawei or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers have presence. These Jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such circumstances, Huawei will take measures to ensure that data is processed as required by this Policy and applicable laws in the area where the data is located. For example, we may use a variety of legal mechanisms, such as standard contractual clauses your consent to the cross-border transfer of your personal data; or implement security measures like anonymization on the data before the cross border data transfer.
9. Updates to This Policy
10.How to Contact Us
Last updated: February 2018